You may have two readings, but as this is a church wedding, one of the readings must be from the Bible.
The vicar will be able to help you choose, but below are some suggestions that you can look up. You may like to also choose a poem or other reading. Members of your family and friends are very welcome to read either or both of the readings.
Bible Readings suitable for a Wedding Service
- Genesis 2:18-25 – This early story tells of our human need to share life with other people.
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 – Two are better than one.
- John 2:1-11 – This is an account of how at a wedding, Jesus miraculously changed water into wine.
- Romans 12:1-2, 9-13 – St. Paul describes how love changes us and helps us in the practical things of daily life.
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-9 – The well known passage about love.
- Ephesians 3:14-21 – Here St. Paul prays that the reader should know the love of Christ at the very foundation of their life.
- Colossians 3:12-17 – St. Paul describes how important it is for Jesus to be at the centre of everything we do.
- John 15:9-12 – Jesus tells his disciples about love and the need for us to love one another
- John 4:7-12 – St. John shows that God is love, and that because of God’s love for us we too should love one another